EXCITING ANNOUCEMENT!!!


I know that I have been hinting towards a weightloss competition for a few weeks now. This is totally in the works, and details may change, but this is what I have so far:
-I am planning to start this on Monday Feb 3rd, as I know most people consider Monday a "fresh week."
-I will have "Fit Friday" posts that I will post my progress each month, this is also a place if you would like, to post yours! I will also be showing recipes, workouts, etc! (Maybe even a giveaway or two.)
-Dietbet.com seems like the most convenient, safest, and fairest way to go.  They can monitor everyone fairly.
      -How Dietbet works: Simply put, you have to lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks.
When you join the game you “ante up” (i.e., pay) the stakes specified by the game (Mine will be $10.)  At the end of the 4 weeks, the total pot (minus a cut that DietBet.com keeps) is divided equally among everyone who successfully lost 4% of their body weight. Easy right? Cool. 
     -The first step of the game is the weigh-in. DietBet implements several strategies to prevent cheating, so be warned. You will submit to DietBet two photos of yourself. One is a full head-to-toe shot. The second photo is of your feet standing on the scale showing your weight with a unique word given to you by DietBet written on an index card. The unique word is one method DietBet employs to prevent cheating. YAY. I will require these pictures also be sent to me, so I can also help monitor it. I can promise that this information will be kept confidential, and will be used for determining the giveaways, as diet bet doesnt give me as much information as I'd like.       -For the next 4 weeks, really paid attention to what you eat and exercise! (I am in the works of recruiting a fitness/nutrition coach to also be a part of this, and available for meal plans, workout plans, or questions you might have.)
     -At the end of the 4 weeks, you will to repeat the two photo process except this time with a new unique word, again to prevent cheating.(You will also again, send them to me, Diet bet does not calculate an overall winner-just as long as you met your requirement, you split the pot. ) 
      -Dietbet also creates a place for us to be social, and pump up one another, they even have an app! This is all about accountability.

I will be making giftpacks for the 1st and 2nd place winners! This will include a mix of goodies, as well as getting some awesome products sent directly to you from a few special companies!
UPDATE: The dietbet is up! Here is the link! 
I am OH SO open to any ideas y'all might have to make this a better experience! Just message me or leave them in the comments :)
Disclaimer:
Please be honest in this process.  Cheating and Lying will only be selling yourself short.

2 comments:

Wittle Baby Couture said...

I am so excited about this!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds fun

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.