REVIEW: Murad's Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum

Whew! Isn't that a mouthful?


Picture courtesy of murad.com

Rapid Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Serum
This product is called "the environmental shield."  It has 2% of Hydoquinone, which is the maximum level without a prescription.  It also has a lightening peptide, Hexapeptide-2, which helps correct existing damage, and help prevent future damage.

I have seen other reviews on this product, and most had better results.  I blame it on my sensitive skin.
I was SOOO excited whenever I first got this product.  
I was DYING to try it, & even out my skin tone!

I was quickly disappointed.
I used the product for 4 days (it was recommended for 7-10) My skin could only make it through 4.  It worked fine the first 2 days.  I noticed some irritation on the 3rd night, but holy batman the 4th night sealed the deal.  I did my normal night routine (Lush products), and applied this product before my moisturizer.  As soon as the product hit my skin, instant burning.  I used Lush's 9 to 5 cleansing lotion to remove it, and soothe my skin.  My skin is now HORRIBLY broken out.  I haven't used the products in 4 days, and my skin is just now starting to clear up.  My skin is pretty sensitive, but acne and breakouts are not a usual issue for me.   I think the issue is that my skin can't handle the chemicals.  That's why I stick with Lush's skin care products.  I have found what works for my skin, and apparently can't steer away from that.  I will be passing this onto someone who has these issues, but not sensitive skin, and will update soon!


This product costs $60.00, and is available on Murad.com, sephora, ulta, and leading salon and spa locations.

Disclaimer:
I was sent this product for review by Beautystat.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.